Tour Departs: 15 August 2018.
Tour Length: 27 Days.
Italy is such a wonderful tour destination, so rich in history and with magnificent natural beauty. Add to this the Italian people themselves – their love of “la dolce vita”, food, fashion and family. We embark on our in-depth journey from Rome, explore the country roads of Umbria with time under the Tuscan sun. We spend time in the wonderful towns of San Gimignano and Portovenere before touring the beautiful Cinque Terre region.
Enjoy the Italian Lakes district while we stay on the shores of Lake Maggiore for 4 nights to truly relax and marvel at the sights. The region offers some of the most spectacular scenery in Europe – the refreshing natural beauty of alpine lakes and glaciers, lush green meadows, picturesque villages and towns scattered along lake edges.
We then join the magnificent cruise ship Celebrity Constellation in Venice for a 9 night voyage sailing down the Adriatic Sea. A wonderful way to finish the tour.
- Rome, the eternal city, simply unequalled for living history.
- Vatican, Sistine Chapel and for something different, an Italian cooking class.
- Hilltop Orvieto and its magnificent Duomo.
- Tuscany’s gem, the town of San Gimignano with its quaint streets and Piazza Delia.
- Historic Sienna and Chianti wine making at Ill Palagio Castle.
- Florence – world class museums, galleries, cathedral, Ponte Vecchio.
- Cinque Terre – untouched for centuries, picture book fishing villages and the gorgeous Mediterranean.
- Lake Maggiore and the Lakes District.
- Zermatt, The Matterhorn.
Dalmatian Coast cruise:
- 9 nights aboard Celebrity Constellation
- A choice of Ocean View or Verandah Staterooms
- Commencing in Venice
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Kotor, Montenegro
- Catania, Sicily