Tour Departs: 18 June 2018.
Tour Length: 16 Days.
We are delighted to once again offer this tour incorporating two of Australia’s great rail journeys. Australia is a vast country and one of the best ways to experience the magnitude of this great land in comfort is by rail. Travelling through golden wheat fields, vast sheep stations, rugged mountain ranges, scattered outback towns, the magnificent red sand hills of the Simpson Desert before entering the beautiful and mysterious tropical north.
The Train Journeys …….
“Indian Pacific” from Sydney to Adelaide. This legendary train travels through the heart of Australia – from the spectacular Blue Mountains to the mining centre of Broken Hill and on to Port Augusta and Adelaide
“The Ghan” from Adelaide to Darwin. From the lush and prolific wine region of the Barossa Valley and South Australia through to the Red Centre and Alice Springs and on to the tropical region of the Northern Territory and Darwin travelling on the recently completed rail link.
Train travel in comfort in “Gold Service” which includes:
- Elegant twin (upper and lower berths) or single sleeper compartments converting to seating for daytime use. Twin compartments have private ensuite facilities while single compartments have their own wash basins with shower and toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
- All compartments fully serviced by dedicated cabin stewards
- Luxurious “Outback Explorer” lounge and bar car for relaxation and socialising with Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic drinks included.
- Stylish “Queen Adelaide” restaurant dining car. Freshly prepared delicious meals prepared on board included in the cost and waiter service to your table.
- Sound system in each compartment for musical entertainment or journey commentary
Other tour highlights …..
Sydney 2 nights – City tour and harbourside dinner
Adelaide 3 nights – City tour and full day Barossa Valley tour
Darwin 4 nights – Darwin City Tour, harbour dinner cruise
Kakadu National Park Day Tour – Yellow Water Billabong Cruise, Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Nourlangie Rock Art Site
Brisbane 3 nights – Australia Zoo Tour