Tour Departs: 13 May 2018.
Tour Length: 21 Days.
We are delighted to again offer this comprehensive tour to China as part of our 2018 tour programme. China, as one of the largest and most populous nations on earth has so much to offer the traveller. A journey through China is a journey through 5000 years of history with the ancient and the modern standing side-by-side. And of course the history and culture is just so different from our own. As was evidenced during the very successful Olympic Games in Beijing and the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, China is changing rapidly. The last 20 years has seen this vast country progress to become a major player in the industrial and commercial world. But let’s not forget the history and mystery of ancient China spanning 5000 years – it is never far away…
The itinerary for the 2018 tour is similar to the very successful tours of the last few years with a few minor refinements to enhance the experience.
- Beijing – the nation’s capital and heart and soul of Chinese politics and society for over 5000 years.
- Xi’an – home to the incredible “Terracotta Warriors” – they must be seen to be believed.
- Shanghai – the most prosperous city in China where the old and the new sit side by side.
- Guilin – famous for its scenic rivers and limestone peaks covered with lush greenery.
- Hong Kong – one of the world’s great cities where East truly meets West.
- Yangtze River Cruise – The tour will spend 4 nights on board a first class river cruise ship (MV Century Legend) cruising on China’s longest river. The three great gorges in Sichuan and Hubei provinces are regarded as one of the greatest scenic attractions in China. Sit back in comfort and enjoy the passing dramatic scenery and rushing waters.