Tour Departs: 16 May 2021
Tour Length: 11 Days
Tour Brochure ( please click):
Join us as we explore some of the most beautiful parts of the South Island! Our first two nights are spent in the popular resort town of Wanaka before we move on to Gibbston Valley, also known as “Valley of the Vines”- one of the most scenic wine growing areas you’ll ever encounter. Vineyards are sandwiched, sometimes precariously, between rugged schist mountains and the rocky Kawarau River gorge. A perfect base as we explore Queenstown, including a cruise aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw across to Walter Peak High Country Farm. Then, it’s on to Te Anau – gateway to Fiordland National Park for an overnight stay, including a tour of the glow-worm caves, before making our way south to Invercargill.
During our 3-nights in Invercargill, we set off on a day tour to Stewart Island, New Zealand’s 3rd largest island and a haven for brown kiwi or Tokoeka, which outnumber humans on the island. We also visit the Bill Richardson Transport World, a wheeled collection that has taken nearly 50 years to amass, as well as a day trip to Bluff where we enjoy the festivities of the world-famous Bluff Oyster Festival – a day full of fun and food! We carry on through to Dunedin, where the tour concludes. A wonderful tour!
- 2-nights Wanaka, including Jet Safari & 4WD tour
- 2-nights Gibbston Valley, Queenstown including TSS Earnslaw day trip & lunch
- 1-night Te Anau, including Glow-worm Caves tour
- 3-nights Invercargill, including Bluff Oyster Festival, Stewart Island Day tour & Entry to Bill Richardson Transport Museum
- 1-night Dunedin, including tour of Larnach Castle, Olveston Historic House & tour of the Royal Albatross Centre