Tour Departs: 27 May 2021
Tour Length: 33 Days
Turkey has for centuries been seen as the bridge between East and West as it straddles both the European and Asian continents. Its history mirrors its geographical importance, from the Hittites to the Romans to the Ottomans, the evidence of the many different periods of history are to be seen everywhere. The diversity of its history is more than matched by the range of scenery and sights offered.
During our comprehensive tour of Turkey, we explore this diverse land. Savour the excitement of Istanbul, contemplate the carnage endured by our forebearers at Gallipoli, imagine the once thriving city of Ephesus as you walk down Curetes Way and ponder the other-worldly vistas of Cappadocia.
After the coach tour, embark on a 7-night cruise from Athens through the Greek Islands, unpack and relax aboard the “Celestyal Crystal”, a relatively small ship big on service. A wonderful way to end the tour.
- Istanbul – one of the most exciting cities in the world. Visit the Blue Mosque, the magnificent Topkapi Palace, once residence of the Sultans, wonder at the feats of Roman engineering at the underground Basilica Cisterns; get lost in the Grand Bazaar
- Gallipoli – a sombre yet now peaceful place so defining in our ANZAC history and just as important to the Turks
- Ephesus – once the second largest city outside of Rome during the Roman occupation. Seeing the preserved buildings, walkways and amphitheatre and following in the footsteps of St Paul and St John will be a tour highlight
- Pamukkale with its thermal pools and travertine terraces, Antalya, the coast resort where there is time to relax by the sea; Konya, home to the Whirling Dervishes
- Cappadocia, a land of moonscapes, underground villages and churches built into the cliffs
- Enjoy the intimacy of small ship cruising in a club-like atmosphere
- Special extras not normally found on the big ships include complimentary bottled water, soft drinks, specialty teas and coffees as well as a range of spirits, wines & beers
- Ports of call include Mykonos, Santorini, Heraklion and Rhodes
- Three shore excursions at Ephesus, Rhodes and Heraklion are included