Tour Departs: 14 June 2021
Tour Length: 26 Days.
We start our comprehensive tour across the border in the Austrian capital and city of music, Vienna, before we journey to magical Salzburg and on into Switzerland. It might be a relatively small country surrounded by its larger neighbours but Switzerland certainly offers a feast of sublime sights and experiences for the visitor – spectacular scenery, magnificent alpine lakes, snow-capped mountain peaks, lush rolling green meadows and a mixture of medieval old towns, country villages, and modern sophisticated cities. Highlights are many and include the Matterhorn, Jungfrau and a journey on one of the most famous trains in the world, the Glacier Express.
To finish the tour, we join our river ship for 7 nights cruising on the Rhine enjoying the fairy-tale sights and romantic twists and turns en route to Amsterdam.
- Imperial Vienna for a 3-night stay
- Salzburg, Zermatt, Geneva, Interlaken, Lucerne – all 2 night stays
- Journey up both the Matterhorn and Jungfrau peaks
- Glacier Express Railway
- Cruise down the Rhine for 7 nights from Basel to Amsterdam
RHINE RIVER CRUISE:
Our home for the 7 nights cruising down the Rhine is the stylish and elegant Luftner Cruises ‘Amadeus Imperial catering for up to 166 guests. Features include:
- Staterooms with Drop-Down Panoramic Window
- Gourmet cuisine with complimentary regional wines served at dinner
- On-board entertainment, lectures, tastings
- Spacious public areas including lounge and bar and sun deck