Tour departs: 20 May 2017.
Tour length: 32 days.
After another very successful tour in 2016, we are delighted to repeat this tour to a very special part of Europe.
Spain and Portugal offer a totally different experience from other regions of Europe – from the beauty and grandeur of the Alhambra Palace, the picture-postcard white villages of Andalusia, to the magnificent coastline, the pretty fishing villages of Portugal and so much more. Add to this the romance and mystique of Morocco, a world of exotic places and changing landscapes and follow this up with 7 night luxury river cruise through the spectacular Douro River Valley.
Spain & Portugal Highlights
- Barcelona, the Catalonian capital, and home to the architectural works of Gaudi
- Madrid, the majestic Spanish capital
- Toledo, redolent of the past glories and packed with memorable sights
- Granada, home to the magnificent Moorish Alhambra Palace
- Marbella, Old Town
- Seville, passionate, romantic, festive
- Lisbon, the stunning capital of Portugal and home to some of the greatest explorers
- Fez, the Imperial city with its labyrinthine Medina
- Marrakesh, Africa’s most popular holiday resort and a favorite destination for Winston Churchill
- Casablanca, the romance of the Casbah …- “Play it again Sam…”
- Tangiers, across the Straits of Gibraltar where the Mediterranean and the Atlantic oceans meet
7 Night Douro River Valley Cruise
After our coach tour, it is time to join your luxury floating hotel for 7 nights cruising the World Heritage listed Douro River Valley. Lovely vistas, grand cities, terraced vineyards and hilltop villages. Along the way uncover a land of genuine beauty and breathtaking charm; meet warm hearted people, friendly and welcoming with open arms. On board the deluxe rivership ‘Queen Isobel’, unwind in your river view stateroom. Take pleasure in the on – board meals in the elegant restaurant as well as on-shore meals featuring traditional cuisine in unique settings. Many shore excursions are included during the cruise.