Tour Departs: 26 May 2021
Tour Length: 30 Days
As the title indicates, this is the “Grand” tour of Europe and should appeal to both first-time travellers to Europe as well as those who want to return and spend a bit more time in some of Europe’s most impressive and historic cities. The leisurely pace of the tour is a feature as almost all city stays are for 3 nights.
A very comprehensive programme of sightseeing has been included balanced by free time to allow for independent exploration. Starting our journey in Rome, we travel north to classical Florence and Venice before crossing into Austria and on to Vienna from where the Hapsburg monarchy dominated Europe for centuries. Prague has long been regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe while Berlin is busy, bold and cosmopolitan. We continue on to Amsterdam, the city of canals, and romantic Paris, the City of Lights, before we finish our European odyssey in London.
- Rome – St Peters, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, Coliseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain and so much more
- Florence – Duomo Cathedral, Bell Tower and Baptistery, Academy of Fine Arts & Michelangelo’s “David”
- Venice – St Mark’s Square, Doges Palace, Bridge of Sighs, Island of Burano
- Vienna – Ringstrasse, St Stephens, Schonbrunn Palace, Strauss, Mozart
- Prague – Hradcanny Castle, Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge, Wenceslas Square
- Berlin – Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, Potsdam, Schloss Cecilienhof
- Amsterdam – Dam Square, Royal Palace, canal cruise
- Paris – Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Montmartre and Sacre Coeur
- Standard Premier Eurostar Train to London