Tour Departs: 19 June 2017
Tour Length: 30 Days
It is time to return to this very special region of Europe after a series of successful tours just a few years ago. While 20 years ago, the very word “Balkans” translated into ethnic strife and civil wars, today, the region welcomes and enthrals visitors with its rich, though often turbulent history, charming multicultural towns, impressive monasteries and citadels dotting the hillsides, mighty mountains, beautiful forests and lakes, and hundreds of kilometres of pristine coastline.
We start our journey in the Athens, Greece, before joining our coach to journey up through Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia Hercegovina, Slovenia and finally to wonderful Venice in Italy. It is from here that we complete the odyssey with a relaxing 7-night cruise aboard the magnificent Cunard ship “Queen Victoria” which takes us down the Dalmatian coast and into the Mediterranean concluding at Rome.
- Athens for 3 nights
- Corinth, Delphi, Monasteries of Meteora
- Lake Ohrid, Tirana.
- Magical Dubrovnik
- Mostar and historic Sarajevo
- Split including day cruise to Hvar
- Plitvice Lakes & Lake Bled
- 7 nights aboard Cunard’s “Queen Victoria”
- A choice of Ocean View or Balcony Staterooms
- Commencing in Venice
- Visiting Dubrovnik and the Island of Corfu
- Olympia and Heraklion, Crete