Tour Departs: 07 September 2017.
Tour Length: 23 Days.
A very unique tour which coincides with the Wildflower season for which Western Australia is famous. We start our journey in Perth on the shores of the Indian Ocean before commencing our touring through the Southern Region of WA. The area is renowned as one of the most diverse floral regions with many species exclusive to the area. During the Spring, there is an explosion of colour as red, gold, pink and purple wildflowers decorate the region. We then commence our journey on the Indian Pacific Train, in Gold Class, winding our way through the Nullarbor Plains until we arrive in Adelaide to explore the local sites and join our 3-night cruise on the Murray River. Continuing on to Melbourne where the tour will conclude, we savour the spectacular scenery of the Grampians National Park, the famous Naracoorte Caves and visit the historic mining area of Ballarat.
Some of the many Tour Highlights: –
- Perth for 3 nights including City and Fremantle Tour, Swan River day cruise with wine tasting & lunch
- Western Australia towns of Margaret River, Albany, Esperance, Kalgoorlie,
- Two nights on the Indian Pacific train in Gold Class Cabins
- Barossa Valley & Kangaroo Island day tours
- Adelaide for 3 nights
- 3 nights cruising on the Murray River
- Adelaide to Melbourne via Naracoorte, Ballarat, Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne for 2 nights