Tour Departs: 02 March 2017
Tour Length: 16 Days
Over the years, we have operated many tours to Tasmania at different times and of varying lengths, but given the success of our recent tours, we have again opted for this in-depth and comprehensive tour capturing the history, beauty and the spectacular scenery of Australia’s southern most state.
Tasmania is a charming variety of historic elegance, alpine wilderness and stunning mountains that pierce the sky, spectacular coastal scenery, scenic coastal towns and quaint colonial villages, rare flora and fauna, bustling markets, mighty rivers rushing through rain-forested gorges, idyllic and isolated beaches, lush and fertile farmland and much, much more. It is harvest time with the apple pickers busy and a great time to visit with generally settled weather – clear, calm and mild days with cooler evenings.
- Launceston including the Swiss style village of Grindelwald, Cataract Gorge and Seahorse World.
- The Tin Centre Derby for morning tea, St. Helens, Bicheno, Freycinet National Park.
- Historic Swansea, Richmond.
- The Tasman Peninsula, Eaglehawk Neck including Tasman Arch and The Devils Kitchen.
- Port Arthur Penal Settlement including walking tour and “Isle of the Dead” Cruise.
- Bonorong Wildlife Park with Tasmanian Devils, Wombats, Echidnas, Quolls and Forster Kangaroos.
- Hobart for 3 nights, Royal Botanical Gardens, Peppermint Bay Cruise.
- Mt. Field National Park, Lake St. Clair, West Coast Wilderness Railway, Strahan Gordon River Cruise.
- Dove Lake – Cradle Mountain – Stanley – Woolworth – Cape Grim – Smithton.
- Sheffield, Woolmers Estate and Rose Gardens, Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
- Launceston for the last 2 nights in Tasmania including Tamar River Cruise.
- Melbourne for a total of 2 nights, including farewell dinner.