Tour Departs: 08 April 2021
Tour Length: 23 days.
New for 2020 we are venturing to Japan, Land of the Rising Sun, in time to enjoy the Cherry Blossom season. The cherry blossom (sakura) has been celebrated in Japan for many centuries and holds a very particular place in Japanese culture. Although there are many varieties of cherry tree in Japan, most bloom for just a couple of days in spring. The Japanese celebrate this time of the year with hanami (cherry blossom viewing) parties: friends, family or work colleagues gather and sit on plastic mats under the blossoming trees, to drink, sing, chat or just admire the spectacle. We spend 12 days coach touring, concluding with a magnificent 9-day cruise savouring the sights, and spring flowers, of Northern Japan. A very special tour.
Japan Highlights: Japan is a country of contrasts: tranquil retreats of profound beauty lay just outside cities where skyscrapers soar over stunning temples and shrines. Neon-bright architecture and pink cherry blossoms vie for attention amid Tokyo’s colourful Harajuku district.
- Tokyo, the nation’s capital
- Lake Kawaguchiko and Mt. Fuji
- Kyoto, the UNESCO World Heritage Site considered one of the world’s greatest cultural treasures and Japan’s former capital – the cultural and historic centre of the country
- The traditional town of Takayama, and Kanazawa with its historic castle
Northern Japan Spring Flowers Cruise:
- 9 nights aboard “Diamond Princess” – awarded best international cruise ship in Japan
- All spacious cabins with ensuite & private balcony and the finest amenities
- Excellent on-board facilities including award-winning dining experiences and entertainment & spa