Tour Departs – 02 October 2017.
Tour Length – 24 Days.
India is full of contradictions and idiosyncrasies where each day you can stand in awe and amazement at things you have never seen before. It is a country of extremes, where wealth and poverty sit side by side, where politicians consult astrologers before selecting election dates, where once godly maharajahs have become hotel managers and where bullock carts carry space age weapons in Republic Day parades. After all the spectacular scenery, monuments, temples and palaces, we always come back to the people, all 1.21 billion plus of them who inhabit India – from nomadic tribesmen in traditional dress to international businessmen in silk suits. Their openness, friendliness and hospitality as well as their curiosity will be etched in your mind as everlasting memories of a trip to India.
This is the land of the Maharajas, the beautiful palaces and forts and the Holy River – The Ganges. Highlights include:
- Delhi, the nations capital, both Old and New Delhi
- Agra and the Taj Mahal, the “monument to love”
- Jaipur and the Amber Fort
- Udaipur and Lake Pichola
- Varanasi,The Holy City on the Ganges
ASSAM & 7 NIGHT BRAHMAPUTA RIVER CRUISE
Tucked away in the north eastern “finger” of India is the province of Assam, a land of rolling hills, dense forests, endless stretches of tea gardens and magnificent endangered wildlife. Bordered by Bhutan in the north and Bangladesh in the south, the province is split by the mighty Brahmaputra River one of the longest rivers in Asia with its source in the Tibetan Himalayas. There is no better way to experience Assam than via the river so join us on our 7-night cruise aboard the first class river ship MV Mahabaahu. Highlights include:
- Superior ensuite accommodation for just 46 guests
- All meals prepared by on-board chefs
- On-board swimming pool, spa, sauna, lounge, sundeck
- Full programme of shore excursions and visits
- Lectures, cultural performances and cooking demonstrations